Saturday, July 4, 2009

Saturday July 4th

HAPPY 4th of JULY EVERYONE!







I have been traveling so much lately that I have missed the first few monsoon storms that have gone through Tucson. When I got home Tuesday Night / Wednesday Morning I found every palm frond, pine cone and spare branch from my neighborhood at the bottom of my pool and that took almost 2 hours to clean out. Yesterday was hot beautiful and I had the nicest swim after I accomplished the pool cleaning and then last night… a HUGE monsoon came through town dumping a huge amount of water. The thunder and lighting were amazing and it lasted for a very long time and right as I went to bed last night it started pouring again and I fell asleep to the most beautiful vision in my head and the sound of the rain against my window panes.

Today is the 4th of July and my roomy Bria & I went to the store early and grabbed a few morsels to get us through the day in style. I am going to grill a steak and I will grill her some chicken and we will have a nice feast and bemoan the fact that the city if Tucson cannot afford it’s A Mountain fireworks this evening. They probably would not have gone off anyway the clouds are here and it looks like another evening of monsoon storms.

As you may know, I have always been a fan of history and I fell in love with US history from my Government teacher from High School. I have spoken of Huff prior to this and I will once again remind us of the words that mean the most to me from our Declaration of Independence,

~But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. ~

As I was preparing this post for today I re-read those words and decided to take them into my heart with a more personal view. Say these words to yourself, take them as a person declaration of your life and if they ring true to you in any manner look at the circumstances of your life and make the changes required to provide for your own personal freedom. Make choices that are good for you, healthy for your own growth and make your life a happy one. It took looking at these words as more then a declaration of our nations freedoms and to view them as a choice for personal freedoms. Make a choice to pursue the means to your own happiness and to not live by or for a situation that never would provide for personal happiness or acknowledgment of one’s own life. Never live by the despot’s rules and never live with the abuses that bind you to an existence that is less than deserved.

Thinking about this as I am writing this has given me a few things to ponder as I drive north next week for the Puget Sound Bead Festival and I look forward to listening to what I have to say to myself.

Happy Independence Day to us all!

No comments: