Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday July 6th

This just made me laugh!















I was a total loafer all day on the 4th, each time I started to head toward my bench to accomplish the tasks that I have laid out for myself I would find something, anything else to do. I had NO desire to work on Saturday so; needless to say I have been a bit slammed on Sunday & Monday making up for my lazy self-indulgent day.

The 4th was a wonderful day of swimming and chatting on SKYPE & watching movies, and like I said avoiding my bench. (I did accomplish that with a great deal of dedication and determination.) But the biggest and most wonderful part of the day was the fact that Tucson found the funds to sponsor the "A Mountain" Fireworks. The display is launched just west of the mountain peak and the coolest thing they did this year was to have fire works set off at the tippy-top of the mountain that made it look like a volcano exploding. I would have LOVED to have been able to get a shot of it but alas, I did not have my camera with me. I am very lucky indeed that I have a wonderful view of the mountain from my back yard and we can dangle out feet in the pool and relax, watch the display and NOT have to worry about the amazing traffic jams afterwards.

So, Sunday & today have been all about packing and finishing up projects and trying to make sure that I do not forget anything. All morning while working away, drinking coffee and getting jobs accomplished I watched a most exciting stage of the Tour De France. Lance Armstrong of Team Astana jump fro 10th to 3rd today by jumping at a late breakaway that tore the peloton apart and left several of the other leaders in the dust. Well done Lance & team Astana.

I think that I have all of my ducks in a row & all of my I’s dotted & T’s crossed…I feel pretty confident that as I drive off (IN AN WESTERLY DIRECTION.. sorry to say) I am all set for a productive show. It is still a weird time, several of my friends have decided to take the hit financially, lose the booth fee and not go this year. These are super hard choices to make for sure and I feel for those that have to make that choice.

Well I am beat, my eyes are tired and I need to turn off the light and close my eyes to wonderful visions and have sweet dreams. I have made my promises to try to NOT have a repeat of last years crashing of a mini-van in LA and to try my best to get to and from Tacoma with "bells on".

More tomorrow evening after a long day of driving, I hope to get on the road around 9am and drive for about 12 to 15 hours. If I can get out the door earlier I shall. I hate driving around large cities during high traffic times and I have to be careful to avoid the Phoenix traffic as well as LA traffic. Wish me luck and I will let you all know my progress tomorrow evening!

I hope all of you had a happy and safe 4th of July.

No comments: