Monday, July 5, 2010

Monday July 5th ~ 2010

I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe 4th of July. I am not used to being able to buy fire works in the local grocery store. It blew my mind to see an entire aisle of packaged explosives down the center of the frozen food section with a fire extinguisher shoved underneath said explosives, totally out of reach should the need to use it arise. New Mexico has been exciting for sure. 

I am getting ready to head out in the morning for the Puget Sound Bead Festival in Tacoma WA. I have a long 2 day drive ahead of me but am looking forward to a very full class of Low Tech Metalsmithing™ on Thursday.

Today has been a crazy day of
~Packing,
Getting any last minute work done,
~More packing.
Printing,
~Even more parking,
A workout at the gym
~And even more packing
Clothes washing
~And have I mentioned … Packing?

The amazing part of this is that I had packed up the classroom tools and my display days ago..

As you can see it has been a day of repetitive progress but I am pretty much done and am off to get as good a night sleep as I can. I am hoping to get as close to Santa Nella, CA  tomorrow so my drive up to Tacoma on Wednesday won't be so nasty because I truly need to get my classroom set up for Thursdays class with enough time to get a good rest on Wednesday night!

No comments: