Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wednesday September 9th.

Today is supposed to be a very lucky day, today is September 9th 2009…9-9-09. I was listening to the news this morning and laughed at the story because it was talking about the fact that there are thousands of couples descending upon Las Vegas NV to get married on this luckiest of days. The only day that was busier was the date 7-7-07. Well, that one to me is a no brain-er. I do remember that day. (well sort of.) I kind  of remember that day happening.

Why is it that there are days that we know we should remember and we just can't seem to get the Rolodex of the brain to find the correct index card to recall these days. Then there are days that we would love to forget and no matter what, it plays over and over again in our minds and even comes to us in our dreams. I am tired of those sort of memories and it is one of the reasons that I have decided to keep this Blog and a private journal as well. I have discovered that there are just some very simply things that have happened to me lately that I truly desire to remember.

I went to London in December of 2001 and I kept a daily detailed journal of that trip and to this day I think that it was one of my better ideas. I can remember meals and taxi rides that were funny, special small moments that I knew that I would not want to forget. I have realized that in these past few months there are things that I have experienced that I will always desire to recall with clarity. I highly recommend the keeping of a journal to collect your thoughts and to have a collection of stories to have at hand, ready to share.

NASA has released some of the newest images that the Hubble Telescope has captured. These are amazing images and they never fail to capture my imagination or to make me catch my breath in awe and wonder. I am so pleased that NASA decided to send that last repair mission to the aging telescope to give it more years of exploration and discovery. Take a look at these images and see for yourself.
 















 For me, the best thing that I got to view today is this YouTube movie of Al Franken actually drawing (correctly I might add) out all of the states of our country. I would love to sit all of our Senators and Congressman down in a room and see if they can actually write out all 50 states and their capitols. I think that I would not be surprised to see how many of them actually fail this test.


Tonight was the President's speech to congress about his health care initiative. I did not watch it live but caught it about an hour later. I am glad that he is taking the reins of this and I hope that he does not back down and he holds those accountable who spread the lies and misinformation that causes the public to be hesitant in accepting what it is that we must do as a nation.

Barbara Boxer had a very good point this evening on the Rachel Maddow Show. She stated quite clearly that if there are senators or congressman that do not want to vote for the pubic option, that do not want a government run system, she suggests that these individuals give up the amazing government run health care that they receive as one of the perks of their positions. I have to say that I actually agree with Barbara right now. If our representatives choose to vote against this option for us then why are they allowed to keep it for themselves?

And finally, I have one other point for the evening… a friend of mine posted this in her FaceBook wall and I also agree with this.. it is an absurd idea, but in it's absurdity there is a bit of logic behind it.

"All Members of Congress should be compelled to wear uniforms just like NASCAR drivers, so we could identify their corporate sponsors..." re-re-posted from a friend, cause damn it's true.

Just think about it...

No comments: