Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday July 10 ~ 2011

Well; I stand admonished: George, a longtime student and follower of my blog came up to me today at the Puget Sound Bead Festival and admonished me for being a slacker for not positing on a more regular basis.

It has been year since I relocated to Albuquerque from Tucson and this shift in my focus and in my life has been a positive one. I have loads to say and so much to talk about. Only now, I have another person to talk to and I do not just have to type out what I am thinking and feeling. So, my drive to post has been diminished to some extent.

Life is a constant ebb and flow, as I learn how to incorporate a constant presence in my daily life am figuring out how to keep on task and still meet all of the goals that I have set for myself. It is a harder task than I thought it would be. As much as I know that I am in a totally wonderful relationship that I would never trade for anything there is some small part of me that is a hermit and loves my solitude.

So, my travels are still my solace and my time for introspection. I have spent my drives of this year contemplating my past, both professionally as well as personally. I am sure that there are things that we all wish that we could do differently or try again, but I will say with all honestly that I would not change one aspect of the last 3 & 1/2 years of my life. I have made hard choices and I have made the right ones

I am at peace and I am at home in my own skin as I feel I have not been for a very very long time, or if ever. True happiness and contentment is a constant goal and to find it, grasp it and accept it is a true test of ones self.

Bead and Button this year was fun as always and I am now hanging in Tacoma at the end of the Puget Sound Bead Festival and getting ready to head out in the morning to Kalispell, Montana to teach at the Powder Horn Trading Co. next weekend.

I have never been to Montana and I am excited that Jeannette Cook (seed bead artist extraordinary) & I are going to be hiking in Glacier National Park for the first part of next week before I settle in to teach next Saturday - Monday.

For those of you that have followed me for the last few years know I am up every morning in July before dawn to watch each stage of the Tour De France and I have my favorites and as I drink my mornings Peet's coffee, I cheer at the end of every day as the riders that are my favorites succeed or struggle on.

I am digging into all of the political nonsense again so I will warn you now that many of my posts over the next months will be politically slanted.. I know that will be a surprise for many (NOT) but get ready, there is steam coming out of my ears on so many issues.

I drive to Montana tomorrow and am looking forward to a totally new adventure. Stay Tuned for Amazing Updates.

The Simple Tao

The Way is to benefit others and not to injure.
The Way is to act but not to compete.
It does not show greatness and is therefore truly great.


~ Start The Way ~
Be still like a mountain and flow like a great river

    Tao ~ "the way", "the path": it is often represented by water because water always seeks the path of least resistance, yet is strong enough to demolish even stone when no other recourse is available. everything below flows from this.

5 comments:

AJ said...

It's so nice to read about you being so happy :) Have a great time in Montana! When I was a little kid I wanted to have a horse ranch there. Then I grew up and realized how much I hate cold winters ;)

Anne E. Mitchell said...

I am hoping that it won't be so cold in July... LoL.

Wendy McManus said...

I get rather irritated when anyone suggests that I should blog more often. My blog goes ignored for long periods while I'm out LIVING MY LIFE. I think it's fabulous that some people have the time, dedication and persistence to blog daily or even regularly. For me, the choice is to blog on my own terms or not at all. Keep on living, and blog when circumstances and your passion drive you to do so. I'll see you here on my RSS reader, whether it's days, weeks or even months between posts. Travel safely!

Pepita said...

I can totally understand why there is less need to blog. But I guess I am not alone in saying that I miss your posts when they aren't there. Looking forward to the political ones too:-)

Silver Jewelry Jaipur said...

good very nice work done by you really its amazing so good