Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentines Day ~ 2014

Happy Valentines Day - 2014

The craziness of November, December & January getting ready to exhibit for 6 days and teach for 3 at the To Bead True Blue Show is done. It was 12 to 16 hours a day in my studio working away, pounding, melting and fusing metal to my will …

Right in the middle of January, while prepping for the show I had a 3-day workshop in my house that was really a great deal of fun. It was nice to settle my mind back in to teaching for those few day and take a break away from the grind of just producing. I feel that I really made some wonderful pieces. I’ll take pictures in the sunshine tomorrow and post images.

As always it is wonderful to go back to Tucson, after all, I spent almost 5 years living there and there is a part of me that misses it so very much. I totally miss my friends and there is a stillness to Tucson that I really loved. It truly is a small town that has a lot going for it as a community. The town has this rustic quality that it embraces and yet there is a “we can be up-to-date with the rest of you but we don’t have to show it off” kind of thing that makes me smile. I love what is happening downtown, there is a real resurgence of nightlife. Downtown could be deserted and just too quiet. Now it is bustling and vibrant.

Right now, I am watching all of the Sochi Olympics that I can. I will freely admit to being a totally geek when it comes to believing in the Games. I can remember so many of the amazing moments from my childhood from the Olympics. To this day, when ever I watch the re-play of the Franz Klammer’s EPIC downhill run from 1976, I believe that this time …he will not make it and he will fly off the edge of the mountain.

There are so many new events, Slope Style, Pairs Figure Skating, Mixed Team Luge, Slope Style Skiing .. I am sure that I am missing 1 or 2 others … I love the majesty that surrounds the Games. Even amidst all of the turmoil in the world there is this bastion of hope that burns even brighter than the flame in the Olympic Park.. These competitors believe in the responsibility of doing your best and competing in this arena before the entire world and promote the beauty of each of their sports. They believe in the possible … All that is possible.

I am  taking 2 or 3 days off to recuperate and to get over the cold that my booth mates and GF gave me in Tucson and I am enjoying knowing that I have a few weeks to get back into my studio and work on several ideas that I had during my time in Tucson…

So … Images of new work will be posted this weekend.

2 comments:

Jatin Sethi said...


happy anniversary uncle aunty

Alan Curtis said...

I want to share with you all here on how I got my loan from Mr Benjamin who helped me with a loan of 400,000.00 Euro to improve my business, It was easy and swift when i applied for the loan when things were getting rough with my business Mr Benjamin granted me loan without delay. Here is Mr Benjamin email/whatsapp contact: +1 989-394-3740, 247officedept@gmail.com.