Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday November 14th

I was told in no uncertain terms that I needed to read HAPPY poetry from now on. In the words of Diane Lane in “Under the Tuscan Sun” I must search for "Lady Bugs!" In my defense, I have had the poem that I posted yesterday in a book that I was reading for AGES and I just really found it very moving and so beautiful.

But here is a HAPPY POEM by the same poet…It might not be what you would call happy... but it certainly is poignantly pungent????
This is for you sweet Gail L. I love you more than my luggage and you made me laugh with your email from earlier today. And yes….I was rather bored today as well with all of the tasks that I needed to get accomplished.

In the image used to represent the Onion, please take no inference as to which breed of onion I prefer... it was just a really nice image...I like a Sweet onion for my burgers, Red Onion for my Greek Salad, a Yellow Onion to cook with and for soups and a Chives for my Baked Potato with Sour Cream....

ODE TO THE ONION Pablo Neruda

Onion,
luminous flask,
your beauty formed

petal by petal,
crystal scales expanded you
and in the secrecy of the dark earth
your belly grew round with dew.
Under the earth
the miracle
happened
and when your clumsy
green stem appeared,
and your leaves were born
like swords
in the garden,
the earth heaped up her power
showing your naked transparency,
and as the remote sea
in lifting the breasts of Aphrodite
duplicating the magnolia,
so did the earth
make you,
onion
clear as a planet
and destined
to shine,
constant constellation,
round rose of water,
upon
the table
of the poor.

You make us cry without hurting us.
I have praised everything that exists,
but to me, onion, you are
more beautiful than a bird
of dazzling feathers,
heavenly globe, platinum goblet,
unmoving dance
of the snowy anemone

and the fragrance of the earth lives
in your crystalline nature.


Today was a wonderfully beautiful fall day here in Tucson. I got to add the most excellent weight of a waffled cotton blanket to my summer comforter yesterday after I washed my linens. The scent of cool air and the warmth of the cocoon all mix up to my favorite sleeping time of year.

I got EVERYTHING ordered that needed to be ordered. Ooops, I just remembered, I need to get PMC in for me as well as for class! I LOVE ordering fine silver wire and fine silver sheet and fine silver tube. It is such a rush knowing that I am going to get all of this stuff delivered to MY FRONT DOOR! Ah, this is just the best! I love this as much as I love shopping for and buying for Gemstones!!!!!! It is just as sassy and sexy as you think it might be and then add a bit more!

Gail…I promise…no more forlorn poetry….Only “happy” poetry for you from now on!!!! The years end is upon us and the dawn of new days and new tides has arrived on SO many fronts!

No comments: